Homemade Macaroni & Cheese in the Rice Cooker
in Three Easy Steps!
Your family will love this new, fast, and easy way to make their favorite dish! This recipe will make about four to six servings. Try this dish in a Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 or a comparative model! Here are the Zojirushi Rice Cooker Reviews!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1.5 cups chicken stock.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese. Recommend a blend of Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, and Cheddar).
Step 1: Put the macaroni, salt and chicken stock into the cooker. Allow to cook 15 minutes.
Step 2: Add cheese and milk. Stir well. Let cook 20 minutes.
Step 3: After 30 minutes, check food and stir periodically until done.
Additional Recipe – Mac and Cheese and Veggies!
- Why not make it fun? Instead of macaroni, try some rotini, faralle, shells, wheels, bow ties, or star-shaped noodles!
- Use the above Mac & Cheese recipe and Throw some veggies into the mix to make a brand new dish! Add peas, squash, carrots, cauliflower, or broccoli.
- Make it old fashion with some bread crumbs on top!
Who Knew You Could Cook Risotto and Shrimp in a Rice Cooker?
You’ll amaze your family with your ability to break out the delicious entrees, even when you’ve been busy all day long at work! This is an ideal recipe for the Panasonic Fuzzy Logic (Click for more information for the Best rice cooker reviews) cooker.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 divided tsp butter
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 deveined and peeled medium-sized shrimp
- 1 cup fresh corn (frozen will work well too).
- 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 Pinch black pepper (ground).
- 1 Pinch salt.
- 1 tbsp parsley – finely chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Step 1: Allow the bottom of cooker bowl the bowl to heat up. When hot, add olive oil and butter. Once melted, add onions and cook until onions are translucent and tender. Add lemon zest.
Step 2: Add rice and stir. Let ingredients sauté for four minutes until the rice is translucent. Add the white wine. Cook until wine evaporates. Add chicken broth.
Step 3: On regular cycle, let everything cook for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Step 4: Once the rice cooker’s timer goes off, it’s time to add the lemon juice, fresh corn, and fresh shrimp. Fold the ingredients into the mix in the cooker. Let cook for another five minutes.
Step 5: When the rice is al dente and the shrimp has turned a good pink color, add the reset of the butter, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
Step 6: Add lemon wedges and parsley as garnishments and serve!
Switch it Up!
Consider adding chicken or cooked pork instead of shrimp.
What? You Can Cook a Delicious Dessert with a Rice Cooker?
How About Banana Pudding!
You’ll be surprised to find out how easy it is to whip up some some caramel sauce to top off your banana pudding!
Step 1: Prepare some banana pudding from your favorite recipe. Then make the caramel sauce below to top it off!
Ingredients for the Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 300ml cream
- 80grams butter
Step 1: Once the pudding is prepared, remove it and place it in a separate dish. Use the cooker to make the caramel sauce by putting the sugar, cream, and butter into the bowl.
Step 2: Stir. Cook until it boils. Cook until the sugar dissolved and mix thickens. Add caramel to the top of pudding.
Black Bean Chili
A Fast Delicious Meal!
- 1 can black beans (not drained)
- 1 can vegetarian refried black beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 cans black beans(rinsed & drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- chopped avocado
- pinch of salt
- shredded cheddar
Step 1: In pot over medium heat sauté oil and onions until translucent.
Add garlic and carrots. Cook until carrots soften.
Step 2: Put mix into rice cooker. Add cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, broth, and cumin. Turn cooker on to cook setting.
Step 3: Wait 20 minutes. Add black beans. Cook for another 20 minutes.
Step 4: Add refried beans. Stir. Leave on warm. Top with avocado and cheese. Serve.
For more information and recipes you can cook in your new rice cooker, check out “5 Dishes You Can Cook with a Rice Cooker“.