Looking for some unforgettable rice cooker recipes? Check out some of the awesome dishes you can whip up with a cooker in no time! And find out the best cookers to try the recipes in by reading,“Best Rice Cookers in the Market.”
1. Easy Oriental Pork Ribs, Rice, Sausage, and Mushrooms
Want a really delicious rice dish? Try this! Takes 20 minutes to prep, 25 to cook, and serves four.
- Step 1: To create the marinade, mix: 1 tsp sugar, a pinch white pepper, I tsp baking soda, 1 tsp sesame oil, 4 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 1 tbsp Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce), 2 tbsp oyster sauce, and 2 tbsp light soy sauce.
- Step 2: Add five soaked and dried shiitake mushrooms caps sliced (don’t use the stems) and add about a half pound to a pound of sliced pork ribs strips into the marinade. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Fry sausage in wok with some oil. Set sausage aside. Use the wok to add the pork, mushrooms, marinade and 1.5 cups of water. Let boil then simmer. When pork is tender remove from heat. Take pork and mushrooms out of the sauce. Set aside.
- Step 4: Add two cups rice, the marinade sauce, and three cups water into the rice cooker. Add the pork, mushrooms, and sausage on top. Cook until the automatic warmer setting goes on; serve with a side of bok choy.
2. Hainanese Chicken in Four Steps
Hainanese Chicken is a dish you can cook about 20 minutes (not counting prep time) with enough food for two!
- Step 1: The dish requires you make a marinade out of 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, and 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Step 2: Cut two chicken leg quarters by making two or three slices into each leg.
- Step 3: Mix 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger, 3 cups uncooked rice, 4 1/2 cups chicken stock, 2 stalks green onion, 1 pandan leaf, 4 minced cloves garlic, and pinch of salt and pepper into the rice cooker. Top with chicken and cook.
- Step 4: Make ginger sauce and drizzle on rice when ready to serve.
3. Homemade Chili
Use your rice cooker to make your favorite chili recipe or try this tasty recipe below! Prep time 15 minutes, cook time 25 minutes, serves four.
- Step 1: Add 1.5 tbsp oil to wok and heat. Add 3/4 cup chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and sauté. Add 350 grams ground round or beef. Add 1-teaspoon cumin, and 2 teaspoons chili powder. Cook five minutes until meat browns.
- Step 2: Mix cooked meat and chili sauce in the rice cooker. Add 1 green seeded and minced chili, a can of diced tomatoes, 1-cup water, and 400 grams of kidney beans. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Cook until rice cooker goes into warmer mode. Serve with tortilla chips!
4.Chicken and Seafood Paella in Five Steps
This dish takes 10 minutes to prep, 25 minutes to cook, and serves four.
- Step 1: Add 4 tbsp virgin olive oil to wok. Stir fry 1 sliced piece of Spanish chorizo until brown. Set aside. Use the wok to fry 1/2 cup sliced chicken fillets until brown. Set aside.
- Step 2: Add 6 cleaned mussels with beards removed into wok and 1-cup water. Simmer. When opened, remove from liquid and set aside.
- Step 3: Put liquid in measuring cup (glass preferred). Add enough water to get three cups liquid. Add paprika, saffron, and salt.
- Step 4: Pour cooking liquid into a glass-measuring cup. Add enough water to reach 3 cups. Season with a pinch of salt, pinch of saffron, and 1/4 tsp paprika. Add liquid, chorizo chicken, two cups Japanese rice, 1/2 diced tomatoes, 1/4 cup green peas, and 1/2 cup green peppers into rice cooker. Cook 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Add five pieces of peeled shrimp. Cook until unit switches to warm mode. Add mussels and lemon wedges when served.
5. Fish Congee for Monitor Free Cooking
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare, 20 to cook, and it serves up to three people.
- Step 1: Make marinade out of oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Chinese Rice Wine (1/2 tbsp of each). Add 300 grams of white fish
sliced up into two inch pieces and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Put 3/4 washed jasmine rice, ¼ malagkit washed rice, 4 cups water or stock, 1 small piece of ginger, and a pinch of salt into the rice cooker. Set to cook. Stir occasionally.
- Step 3: In ten minutes, add fish. Cook until unit turns to automatic warming mode.
- Step 4: Top with ginger strips, fried shallots, friend wonton strips, and green onions. Add a bit of sesame oil, white pepper, and soy sauce.
Want more recipes? Check out, “What Else Can Be Cooked with a Rice Cooker?”